Caliburn.micro 2.0.0

May 29, 2014 at 7:05 AM
Hi,

there is new caliburn.micro version and there is some Breaking Changes. I think just some Xaml namespace references have to changed.
Could you fix it, please?

Thank you
David
Coordinator
May 30, 2014 at 12:43 PM
Hi,

I'll take a look at the new version. If it's just some reference change, than I'll fix it next week. If it's more complicated, than I'll need more time to make the changes.

Regards,
Peter
May 30, 2014 at 12:47 PM

Hi Peter,

First let me thank you for your very usefull packages (I use both for devexpress :) ). And the fix wouldn’t be hard. I’ve tried to download source and change the references on caliburn 2.0. and everything looks good. Just you need to change your example, because AppBootStrapper<> doesn’t exist anymore, but this is a little change and you’ll find it in documentation for caliburn.

Regards

David

Jun 9, 2014 at 7:09 PM

Hi Peter,

How is the progress? If you upgrade the packages, is it possible to update it on new DevExpress version?

Thank you

D.

Coordinator
Jun 10, 2014 at 10:11 PM
Hi David,

I'm glad to hear that people are using my packages.
Excuse me for the delay, but I didn't have the time to create the updated version last week. Today (actually yesterday, because it's over midnight when I write this :)) I created and published the update. It uses Caliburn.Micro 2.0.0 and DevExpress 14.1.3. You can download it from Nuget or CodePlex. I hope you'll find it useful, too.
I want to update Caliburn.Micro.FrameworkContentElement too, but it's more complicated because it's based on Caliburn.Micro's source. I hope I'll have the necessary time for it this week, but I'm not yet sure.

Regards,
Peter
Jun 12, 2014 at 8:43 PM

Hi Peter,

Your packages are great for somebody like me who using Devexpress :) And thank you for your work.

When you will working on FrameworkContentElement, could you add conventions for ProgressBarEdit please?

Thank you

David

Coordinator
Jun 16, 2014 at 9:00 PM
Hi David,

I've just published the updated version of Caliburn.Micro.FrameworkContentElement.
I'll be on a short vacation in the rest of the week, so you have to wait for ProgressBarEdit's conventions until next week. Excuse me for this delay!

Regards,
Peter
Jun 17, 2014 at 6:31 AM

Hi Peter,

Great job :) I’d like you continue with upgrading.

And don’t excuse for delay, it’s ok :)

Thank you very much

David

Jun 17, 2014 at 9:11 AM

Hi Peter,

I have problem with Caliburn.Micro.FrameworkContentElement package. It looks there is invalid reference on System.Windows.Interactivity.dll assembly. I use NET4.5 and of course System.Windows.Interactivity.dll 4.5.0.0. But the reference is on 4.0.0.0.

Could you look at it?

Thank you

David

Jun 17, 2014 at 9:43 AM

I’ve looked in source control and in the path

\lib\net45\System.Windows.Interactivity.dll

is version 4.0.0.0. Is it correct?

In previous commit it was version 4.5.0.0 so I think it’s issue, right?

And may I ask for adding of convention for spinedit?

Thank you
David

Coordinator
Jun 17, 2014 at 9:02 PM
Hi David,

Of course, it was an issue, but I corrected and published a fix for it. It was related to mixing v4.0 and v4.5 assemblies. Excuse me for that.
I should create and maintain separate versions of the projects for 4.0 and 4.5 the same way that Caliburn.Micro does, but my time is limited for these things.

In the next version, I'll add the conventions you requested.

Regards,
Peter
Jun 18, 2014 at 9:14 AM

Hi Peter,

It’s ok :) And I know the time is the most limited commodity. But I’m very happy you are working on this package because it’s very helpful for me.

Thank you again

David

Coordinator
Jun 24, 2014 at 10:01 PM
Hi David,

I've just released a new version containing conventions for BaseEdit (most editors), SpinEdit and RangeBaseEdit (ProgressBarEdit and TrackBarEdit).

Regards,
Peter
Jun 25, 2014 at 10:51 AM

Hi Peter,

It sounds great. I’ll try ASAP.

Thank you

David